Johnny Drille Wants To Be Unique, Doesn’t Want To Sound Like Davido, Wizkid

Johnny Drille Wants To Be Unique, Doesn’t Want To Sound Like Davido, Wizkid

Johnny Drille, who recently teamed up with Simi for a song, ‘Hallelujah,’ has insisted that the fear of sounding like Davido and Wizkid made him settle for alternative music.

While speaking with GoldmyneTV, the Mavin singer said he knew the only way he could be heard was to do a music that was different.

He explained, “When I came into the industry, I saw that it was saturated with artistes doing afrobeat and afropop, and they were many. I thought of a way to make people listen to me. I reasoned that if I wanted to sound like Davido or Wizkid, I might not be able to make an impact. Settling for alternative music was an experiment that worked for me. Initially, my PR didn’t agree with me, as he felt Nigerians were not ready for folk music yet. But I had belief in my first song, Love Don’t Lie. The response was not massive but encouraging enough to make me put out more songs.”



from NaijaExclusive https://ift.tt/2x4Af8j
via IFTTT
Johnny Drille Wants To Be Unique, Doesn’t Want To Sound Like Davido, Wizkid Johnny Drille Wants To Be Unique, Doesn’t Want To Sound Like Davido, Wizkid Reviewed by flexysong on September 11, 2018 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.